I received bestselling author, Brenda Novak’s latest novel, the autographed “White Heat“, together with a cute mini-tote and pink lip-balm (thanks Brenda! love it!), and was eager to get into it. “White Heat”, a mystery romance, is the first from the Hired Gun Series, and features two main characters, “Nate Ferrentino” and “Rachel Jessop” who both work for a private security firm. “Rachel” narrates the story from her point of view and you could easily pick up the romantic tension between both “Nate” and “Rachel”. They are both thrown into an assignment which forces them to role-play as a married couple. They are hired to investigate an up and coming cult “The Church of Covenent”, in the middle of Arizona desert, in a place called “Paradise”. It is led by a charismatic leader, “Ethan” and a sudden death of a young girl, brings a shroud of suspicion into this cult. Being a romantic thriller, one would expect some sparks flying and heated moments and one gets it. As it is told from “Rachel’s” perspective, quite often she assumes that there is no romantic interest from her ‘husband’, but alls well that ends well.
About Brenda Novak :
Brenda and her husband, Ted, live in Sacramento and are the proud parents of five children—three girls and two boys. She juggles her writing career with her children’s softball and soccer games, field trips, carpool runs and homework sessions.
When she’s not spending time with her family or writing, Brenda is usually working on her annual fundraiser for diabetes research—an on-line auction held at her website May 1st – May 31st. Her youngest son, Thad, has diabetes, and Brenda is determined to help him and others like him. She also enjoys traveling, watching sporting events and biking–she rides an amazing 20 miles every day!
Buy It! : I enjoyed reading this book from start to finish. It’s always a bit of escapism for me, when it comes to romantic thrillers, and it so happens, that I’m always intrigued by cults. Cults are always about control, and I’ve often wondered why people would believe ‘false prophets’. While it seemed that Ethan” the very charismatic leader of the cult, who was meant to charm “Rachel”, it didn’t quite seem that way in the book. I personally felt that his second-in-command, “Bart”, had a more devious, evil and controlling manner about him. This is the first book, launched in July 31st, 2010 and it is packed solid with great story-telling from beginning to end. Brenda’s a gifted story-teller and I’m left to wonder what’s going to happen to “Rachel” and “Nate” now. You can order her books (pre-order the 2nd and 3rd book to find out how “Rachel” and “Nate” ends up, as well), here!
Win It! : Brenda Novak is generously giving away 2 readers a “White Heat” gift pack similar to mine, and here’s how you can win it :
- One Mandatory Entry– go visit Brenda Novak’s website and tell us one the name of other bestsellers, she’s written.
- Two Additional Entries– follow us on twitter and tweet this giveaway “Win “White Heat” novel gift pack from bestselling author, Brenda Novak at Parentreviewers.com” once a day. Leave an additional comment including your twitter id and the tweet url. You can tweet on a daily basis.
- Three Additional Entries– Blog or share on Facebook about this great giveaway! It can be done on a daily basis too! Leave your blog URL or FB id.
- Giveaway is open to US shipping addresses only.
- Giveaway ends on October 11th 2010. and a winner will be picked using Random.org. We will not be emailing winners, so please make sure you subscribe to our feed or check back here for the winner announcement post.
Disclosure of Material Connection : http://cmp.ly/2