The cool introduction with the rock-ish songs immediately drew his attention. *Whispers : This DVD has been in our DVD player and has not had a chance to come out*. He has been repeating the words, and trying to read it before the presenter does. Sometimes he gets it, sometimes he’s too late. But, it’s like a game to him, and he enjoys the challenge very much.
What’s so cool about Rock ‘N Learn? As Elina and many of our readers have found out, it is the colorful and vibrant way of presenting educational material to kids. These kids don’t even know they’re learning something. It’s animated and when it comes to pronouncing the vowels, consonants, etc, you’ll see a mouth, mouthing these words. Allowing the child to mimic it.
About Rock ‘N Learn :
Rock ’N Learn, Inc. began as an idea that would help children learn by putting educational material to music with a current sound—the kind of music that kids enjoy and find motivating. Now with over 50 products, we have sold millions of audio/book and video programs to teachers and parents throughout the United States, Canada, and other countries.
Rock ’N Learn programs help students learn math, phonics, reading, early childhood, social studies, Spanish, test-taking strategies, writing, and science. Our DVDs incorporate cool music with exciting, colorful imagery.
Headquartered in Conroe, Texas, just north of Houston, Rock ’N Learn is owned and operated by its founders, Richard and Brad Caudle.
Buy It! : Rock ‘N Learn covers an extensive range of subjects including Math, Science (Earth, Physical, Life) and Languages. In fact, there are just too many to mention and it’s pretty specific to the age range. I found it easier to browse by age, and then by subject. Some kids are a little more advanced than others, and this helps see if the subject level is appropriate for them. My boys continually play this DVD because, in their words, “it is so much fun watching and ‘singing’ along”!
Win It! : The new Phonics Vol.1 DVD will be released on April 20th and we’re giving 2 lucky readers a chance to win a copy!
- One Mandatory Entry– visit Rock ‘N Learn and leave a comment letting us know which of their fabulous and fun DVDs you would like to win.
- One Additional Entry– read one of our parenting articles. Leave a comment about it in the post and return here, with the article’s URL.
- Two Additional Entries– follow us on twitter and tweet this giveaway. Please leave us a comment including your twitter id and your tweet url.
- Giveaway is open to all shipping addresses.
- Giveaway ends 10th April 2010 and a winner will be picked using Random.org. We will not be emailing winners, so please make sure you subscribe to our feed or check back here for the winner announcement post.
Disclosure of Material Connection : http://cmp.ly/0