So- I have to admit I am not the most technologically advanced Mama on the block. In fact, I had a flip phone until just a few weeks ago. Imagine my surprise when my sweet husband brought home an actual smart phone for me- one that has internet, email, and so many apps it makes my head spin. I have always considered myself one of the smarter people on the planet- at least until I tried to use a “smart phone”. They have a way of bringing you down a few notches on the smart scale!!
I do, however, have an iPod that my husband bought me for Christmas a year ago…it’s actually funny- I say I have an iPod when what I actually mean is that my two children have MY iPod. They use it so much more than I do and it is a bit embarrassing when your young children have to explain to you how to use an iPod.
One of my children’s favorite things to do on my iPod is to watch Netflix movies while waiting in various places- doctor offices, post office, bank, etc. They would often complain that one couldn’t see well or that their hands and necks were hurting from bending over the little movie screen. Lucky for us there are some REALLY smart people in the technology world who heard our cries of pain and have come out with a great little accessory for the iPod, iPhone and iPad called the iChair.
The iChair is a great dual layer, soft shell case for any of your iDevices that turns them from a handheld into a freestanding device with just a quick flip. It allows for hands free viewing in both landscape and portrait modes allowing for much more enjoyable use in watching movies, reading books, etc.
It has completely solved our problems with viewing for my two children as well as the neck and arm pain that goes along with holding a traditional handheld device. In fact, the only problem now is the squabbles about who gets to set up the iChair feature of our iPod.
About the iChair:
Founded in 2010, iChair is the creation of a few crafty individuals who saw the need for a stand on their Apple devices.The passion that Apple consumers have for their devices inspires us here at iChair to design and develop revolutionary products that can change the way we all use our mobile devices.
In designing iChair, we kept simplicity and functionality at the forefront of our strategy.Utilizing the highest quality materials, locking mechanisms and advanced manufacturing techniques, we produced a product that provides ultimate functionality, sleek looks and is sure to be a case your iDevice can’t live without!
- Stylish cases with integrated stands provide ultimate utility to iDevice users on-the-go
- Rubber-coated, matte finish produces a velvety feel
- Integrated pull-out stands contribute to the ultra slim profile design
- Cases come standard in black with an additional top slider case in either white or blue
- Screen protector, dust cloth and squeegee board included with all cases (iPhone 4 cases include front and rear screen protectors)
- Cases available for iPhone 4, iPhone 3G/S and iPod Touch
Buy it: The iChair has designs for the iPod touch, iPhone 3 & 4, and the iPad. It can be purchased on the iChair website.
Win It: The wonderful developers of the iChair have generously donated one unit of iChair to one of our lucky readers. To enter:
- One Mandatory Entry– visit the iChair website and let us know which design and color you would prefer if you were the winner.
- Two Additional Entries– follow us on twitter and tweet this giveaway. Be sure to leave a comment including your twitter id and the tweet url.
- Five Additional Entries– leave us a comment letting us know which of our parenting articles have been most helpful to you.
- Giveaway is open to US shipping addresses only.
- Giveaway ends March 15th 2011 and a winner will be picked using Random.org. We will not be emailing winners, so please make sure you subscribe to our feed or check back here for the winner announcement post.
Disclosure of Material Connection : http://cmp.ly/2