Su had reviewed Dana Lehman’s “A lesson about Teasing” and “I Double Dare You!” a few months ago, and had plenty of good things to say about both books. So, I was looking forward to receiving the latest title in the Walnut Grove Series called “I Can Do It“. My 6 year old daughter was in the stage where she has learnt enough vocabulary to enjoy reading books on her own, so the timing couldn’t be more perfect!
First of all, hardcover books are my favourite for young children as they are more durable. So, I was glad to see that “I Can Do It” came in hardcover. That’s extra brownie points! “I Can Do It” is a story about Sammy the squirrel with racoon eyes, who decided to bring his cousins and friends to Whispering Willows for a visit. On their way to the enchanted forest, Bucky The Beaver overcame his fear of swimming and managed to catch a giant frog in Paradise Pond. And when they finally reached Whispering Willows, Sammy revealed that they were going to build a tree house. Everyone was excited except for Silly, who was not confident of his building skills. Readers will discover how Silly, with the encouragement of his friends, finally gained his confidence and accomplished his task.
My daughter loved the beautiful illustration and also had a lot of fun searching for the hidden frogs and snakes in each page. What a fantastic fun idea! There were also questions at the end of the book which are meant to help young readers understand the lesson behind the story. As a mom, I felt that it was indeed important to build up a child’s self esteem and confidence from a young age and “I Can Do It” is definitely a great tool to use to convey that message.
Buy It! : You can purchase “I Can Do It” the third book from the Walnut Grove Series , together with the 1st and 2nd book, directly via Lehman Publishing’s website at www.lehmanpublishing.com
Win It! : Lehman Publishing was kind enough to let two lucky readers win the “I Can Do It” book from the Walnut Grove Series, and here’s how:
- One mandatory entry – Visit www.lehmanpublishing.com and let us know one fact about the author.
- Three additional entries – Tweet this post “Win “I Can Do It!” Book by Dana Lehman“. Tweet this once a day, entitles you to three additional entries daily! Please leave your twitter ID.
- Five additional entries – If you share this on FB, please leave your FB name in the comment section.
- Entry is open to all international shipping addresses.
- Giveaway closes on 30th August 2010 (11:59pm) and a winner will be picked using Random.org. We will not be emailing winners, so please make sure you subscribe to our feed or check back here for the winner announcement post.
Disclosure of Material Connection : http://cmp.ly/2