My son is in love with spyware. He is convinced that he is going to be a spy when he grows up and he has a whole collection of great spy gear. The one thing he has continually asked for that we have yet to get him is a padlock. He is determined to lock up all his gear so that no one can find it, however we have been hesitant due to the difficulty of remembering the combinations. I was sure he would lock them up and never be able to retrieve them.
Until now… we were recently approached by a great company-Wordlock to review a few of their products. I knew at first glance that we had found the answer to our problem. Wordlock has a great variety of locks from padlock and bicycle locks to commercial locks there is something for every need you might have. The BEST part of the Wordlock locks are that the passwords are…. WORDS!! Not a bunch of numbers you have to memorize in some crazy order, but words that you can choose which makes locking and unlocking these great locks so easy.
Not only are they easy to use, but the two locks we were sent for review are extremely durable. They are heavy duty locks that are practically theft proof. I felt very confident that anything we locked with these locks would be very secure. AND…. best of all, my little spy is very pleased that he has his very own lock with his very own word combination to keep all of his great spy gear safe.
Remember the old days? “Right three times past zero…left two turns to…” Forget it! Wordlock is the new style of friendly, easy-to-use padlocks for recreation, storage, travel and commercial uses. Perfect for school lockers or the gym, toolboxes, sheds, job sites and anywhere else you need a solid, secure indoor/outdoor padlock.
Wordlock padlocks provide maximum security against theft with a 2 5/8 inch hardened steel shackle and body. With 100,000 different letter combinations, you can pick words that are easy for you to remember but next to impossible for anyone to guess. If you have several Wordlock padlocks of the same style, you can set them all to the same word in a matter of seconds. And since all our locks are weatherproof, they can stand up to the toughest environments. That’s extra strong, extra secure, and extra simplified.
- 100,000 possible letter combinations
- Maximum security 2 5/8 inch hardened steel shackle
- Rated to 3,000 pounds of pull strength
- No removable parts or extra wheels to keep up with
- Available in four colors: Red, Black, Pink, Silver
Wordlock Bicycle locks:
Wordlock bike locks have four letter dials and cable made from curled, heavy-duty braided steel that extends to reach around the bike rack at the store, school, park or downtown. No bike racks around? No problem. At 5 feet long and nearly a half inch thick, our locks reach around benches, trees, fence posts, whatever you have to work with. And they’re weather resistant and built secure, so they’re tough on crime while still user friendly for kids and adults alike. They’re so user friendly you’ll be thinking of our other favorite four letter word “love.”
- 10,000 possible letter combinations
- Heavy-duty braided steel cable
- All weather, color vinyl coating
- 60 inches long x 0.4 inches thick (1524mm x 10mm)
- Mounting bracket included
- Available in four colors: Red, Black, Pink, Blue
Wordlock maintains the highest standard of security for personal and commercial locks without using any keys or arbitrary number combinations. Instead, Wordlock uses your memory’s natural preference for keywords and the alphabet, allowing you to set and change your own combination from thousands of possible word and letter combinations.
Traditional locks require keys, or they make you spin a dial and remember confusing sequences of numbers. Those days are over, thanks to new advances in lock technology created by Wordlock. Security, creativity and usability come together in the original family of Wordlock padlocks, bike locks, travel locks and cable locks. Easy to set, never forget. Because what good is a lock if you can’t remember the combination? For more information, check out Wordlock on Facebook!!
Buy It: Wordlock locks are available on their website or at your local Target, Kmart, Walmart, Sears or Ace Hardware.
Win It: Wordlock has generously donated one padlock and one bicycle lock to one of our lucky readers. To enter:
- One Mandatory Entry– go visit the Wordlock website and let us know which great product/color you would choose. Leave us a comment including your email address.
- Two Additional Entries- “Like” Wordlock on Facebook and leave us a comment including your facebook id. (For every 10 people that “like” Wordlock they will donate $1 to the American Heart Association- so let’s do as much as we can.)
- Three Additional Entries– Follow Parent Reviewers on twitter and tweet this giveaway. Leave us a comment including your twitter id and the tweet url.
- Giveaway ends May 30th, 2011.
- Giveaway is open to US shipping addresses only and a winner will be picked using Random.org. We will not be emailing winners, so please make sure you subscribe to our feed or check back here for the winner announcement post.
Disclosure of Material Connection : http://cmp.ly/2